British defense tower
The tower was built in 1798 in the same place were a previous XVII Century´s Tort existed and had been demolished in 1782 following King Carlos III´s orders
The Engineer´s Captain D´Arcy built it following the orders of Menorca´s Governor General Stuart.
The type of tower is similar to all those built by the British in Menorca and it´s distribution is also in three levels (As is Torre de´n Penjat) supplies, accommodation and firing platform.
Close to the tower there was an open air battery where six guns were placed, close to the eastern end of the Lazareto island, built around the same time as the tower, 1798-99, during the last occupation of Menorca.
Later on this type of tower were named Martello´s and were built across the British Empire, during the XIX Century.