In April 1779, while Menorca was under the second British government under the command of Governor Murray, a new maritime war broke out between England and France-Spain, which was fought in the American colonies.
Spain had not given up on recovering Menorca and the Marquis de Solleric from Mallorca was in charge of weaving a network of contacts to prepare an invasion. The espionage reports follow one another and in May 1781 an army is concentrated in Cádiz under the command of the French strategist and nobleman Duke of Crillón.
On July 20, 73 transport ships and 17 protection ships leave, under the command of Buenaventura Moreno, with the San Pascual as the flagship. On August 19 they arrive in Menorca, dividing the fleet into three parts: two that would block the ports of Ciutadella and Fornells, in order to prevent the outflow of relief messages, while the bulk headed to Cala Alcaufar to disembark. Bad weather forced to change the disembarkation point to Cala Mezquida.
Quickly the troops went towards Mahón, took the arsenal, occupied Georgetown and besieged the fort of San Felipe, where the English had withdrawn. Finally, on February 5, the garrison paraded, surrendered arms and flags, and General Murray handed over the keys to the fortress.
It is, therefore, a room dedicated to the conquest of Menorca by Spanish arms in the years 1781-1782.