Mahón, June 10, 2021
A total of 208 athletes have already registered, as of today, in the fifteenth edition of the Fortaleza de La Mola race, which will be held next Saturday, June 19 from 10 am.
The Menorca Military Consortium, the CCE Sant Lluís, the Balearic Islands Athletics Federation (FAIB), Elitechip and Cecome Menorca Athletics are the organizers of this event, which, after 14 editions, has already earned its place in the calendar of sports competitions that take place on the Island.
Registrations must be formalized online through the website www.elitechip.net, taking into account that the deadline will end next Tuesday, June 15.
The competition has been planned according to the following categories:
- Initiation (U8 born 2014-2015-2016 …)
- Benjamin (U10 born 2012-2013)
- Alevín (U12 born 2010-2011)
- Infant (U14 born 2008-2009)
- Cadet (U16 born 2006-2007)
- Youth- Junior (U18-20 born 2002-2003-2004-2005
- Senior (born 2001 to 1980)
- Forces of the Ministry of Defense-State Security Forces
Registrations for federated and non-federated children up to under 14 (12-13 years old) included are free and from cadets (under 16) to veterans (with technical shirt) it has a cost of 10 euros. Participation in the race includes day insurance and places are limited, according to the legislation and anti-covid regulations of the moment.
In addition, both athletes and their companions (who must enter La Mola together), during the time of the test will be able to enjoy free entry to the military compound, visiting the facilities at no cost of entry.
It is, without a doubt, the only athletic event that takes place entirely inside a monumental, heritage and historical site on the island of Menorca, with an approximate area of 1 square km.
* The source of the image that illustrates this article is from the digital newspaper www.menorca.info